Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Potty Training...

Kenzington has been trying to figure out the whole potty training thing. She's got it about half down, which means mom either has the other half or cleans up messes! Giggling. The funny thing is that she goes best here at home with a Dora or Barney book in hand. I think when she's 12, if she sees a Dora or Barney book lying around, she'll probably pee her pants!

Her newest thing is to come up to me and say, "Mommy, want naked!" In fact she just threw a royal hissy fit because I told her that right now she needs to wear clothes! GOODNESS!

She refuses to use public restrooms- I think because of the strange toilet seats, and that has made it all interesting. We have to bring her home once in the middle of church to go potty! The other day a prescription at WalMart took about 3 times longer than it should have. She told me she needed to potty about 6 times in the hour worth of roaming the store, and each time I took her and each time she couldn't get herself to go. As soon as we finally were able to pick up the prescription, she peed her pants. The lady gave me a dagger, to which I replied that it was her fault, not mine or my daughter's! I hope she enjoyed cleaning it up!

Anyway, I have spent more time in front of the potty with that cute girl in the last month than I care to! But I have also spent less money on diapers and enjoyed the time I have spent with her in there for the most part. Her vocabulary has increased immensely because of the book reading. My favorite is that she says, "arma-diLLL-O!" giggling.

She's such a fun little girl and I can't imagine life without her.


No comments:

Post a Comment