Sunday, January 10, 2010

Amazing Graces

My heart is full as I realize just how very blessed we are! Here's a FEW of the things I am really grateful for today:

1. Dave and I were able to go to the temple yesterday for the first time in a very very very long while. Paxton is finally taking a bottle and so we had Brian and LaShelle watch our kiddos while we attended the Mt. Timpanogas temple with Kaylie, a sweet gal I babysat when I was young, who was recieving her own endowment. It was wonderful to be in the temple and to feel the Spirit. Something I mentioned to Dave was that it was very nice not to have any specific or major worries while we were there. There is NOTHING in our lives right now that is a major weight on our minds and that was WONDERFUL to be in the temple and NOT be pouring out our hearts pleading over something. The kids were really well behaved for Brian and LaShelle.

2. Today was a GREAT day at church... not to say that each Sunday isn't great, but today I was really able to listen and feel the Spirit. Mostly because ALL of our kids were SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD at church today! Something that we tried that made a HUGE difference was that Dave, who usually sits on the end of our isle, sat with Kamden. I think he'll be doing that from now on! Also- I am LOVING 11 o'clock schedule! Dave had a meeting at 7, Boston and I choir at 9, Dave another meeting at 10, and ALL of us made it to our meetings etc. on time and were at church EARLY! A truly amazing grace of God!

3. Paxton is beginning to gain weight, and is so happy lately! We finally kicked that ear infection for good and I have my happy little camper back. He's not sleeping through the night or anything EXTRAORDINARY like that, but he is sooooooo much more fun to live with! I can tell that the iron therapy is making a difference and I am grateful that we caught that glitch and can correct it.

4. I have realized that it's time for me to go back to school! Funny how sometimes Heavenly Father not only tells you what he wants you to do, but begins to pave the way for it quickly! Apparently Dave's military $ for school is transferable to spouses and it would be really dumb of me NOT to go. I've applied to USU for Summer 2010! I am excited and scared to death all at the same time!

I'm soooooo grateful to know that Heavenly Father loves me enough to care about the little details as well as the big ones. I am grateful for the feeling of gratitude that is in our home this day and I hope I can have it here more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment