Sunday, January 24, 2010

What a crazy busy day this has been. Isn't Sunday supposed to be a day of rest? This morning started our day in my favorite way: EVERYONE cuddling together in our bed! Although we had a bit of conversation about how a KING size bed might make 5 kids in bed with us a bit nicer (giggling)! We had the kids pile in with us this morning and had a quick song and a prayer. Then off and running! Boston and I had choir at 9, but we needed to leave by 9:50 to get Dave to the airport and make it back in time for church at 11. This meant that everyone needed to be ready for church and Dave ready for Arkansas by about 9. We didn't quite pull everything off, but we were only a few minutes late fore church and considering everything we did manage to pull off, I was pretty proud of us!

I have been asked to serve over all Relief Society activities and I am really excited about the new calling! But I am really nervous, too. I HAVE been serving as Kamden's primary teacher, and for the first time since we moved to our ward, Kamden is CONSISTENTLY being really really good at church. I am so worried that it is all going to unravel and we'll be back to square one, but I guess I need to trust my Heavenly Father more than that. They released me as his teacher today. I didn't realize that they were going to do that, and I hadn't prepared Kamden for that. I actually didn't know for sure until later if they sustained me or not because I was consoling a very upset Kamden. I reassured him that I would still be teaching his class for a little while, which I did today and will continue to do until things are just right with a new teacher. He's just come too far! HIS WHOLE CLASS has just come too far.

Anyway, I am excited for the new challenge and already have a few ideas. I'd also really like for others to share some ideas, so if you have any, post them here! Church was chaotic, a bit, between juggling a sleepy baby, teaching primary, doing sign-ups for a craft, and the usual keep kids quiet stuff, but it was good.

Dave made it to Arkansas safely. I'm not sure that I'm ready for 2 weeks of him being away, but it's a really good reminder for our family of how lucky we are to have him home most of the time and how it felt for us to have him in Iraq. We are so blessed by our past experiences with him in the military and very very blessed to have him all to our selves most of the time these days.

I'm going to take it easy the rest of the day. We have a very busy week ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment