Monday, February 22, 2010

Family... (amily-amily!)

My family and I have the blessing of having my mom live in an apartment in our basement. Her birthday was Friday. To my surprise, yesterday after church, my brother and his family came to visit to celebrate her birthday a few days late. Then a little while later my sister and her children came and then finally, my baby brother Bobby. We didn't know that any of them were coming, but it sure was fun to have them here!

Bobby and Boston played some Taylor Swift songs on the guitar while everyone sang along (Boston's getting pretty good, but Bobby is a good mentor!) Then Boston, My mom, my sister and my sister-in-law, 8 nieces, and I all sang "Walk Tall You're a Daughter of God" together. WOW! We were a pretty neat little choir! That was really fun and I felt the Spirit pretty strong!

It was about 9:30 or 10 before everyone had gone home, but it was a fun night. In the end, there isn't much better than spending time with the people that really matter. Now off to recover from the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. wonderful that your mother lives so near -- That's gotta be nice.I bet she was thrill to see everyone-- I know when my children come to see me it's a thrill and fills my days with joy.

    ReplyDelete