Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm Proud of Me! Thanks Kaye!

Today I did something I have needed to do for awhile, but didn't have the guts to do it. I deleted my facebook account!

I think facebook CAN be a good thing, and while many good things came from it for me, it became time consuming and keeping me from things I need to do. I have been thinking about deleting it for awhile, but haven't had the guts to do it.

My close friend Kaye and her husband both deleted their accounts recently. Upon hearing this, I said, "if you can do it, I can do it!"

I haven't done anything rotten on facebook. The real problem for me is that I am easily drawn into conversations. I am an extremely social person. I have found times when there are other things I need to be doing, yet I just gotta hurry and check facebook first.

So now it's done. And I gotta brag, just a little, cuz that was really hard for me to do! I feel SO EMPOWERED!

Now I gotta get off of here and get something done!

7 comments:

  1. So what about the business aspect of Facebook that you no longer have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had our own "issues" with Facebook. We both closed our accounts about 7 months ago. There are times that I miss it. It was nice to catch up with old friends, but I figure if it had be 10+ years since I had talked to them, I am okay with not talking to them again! Good job, I am proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian- I have been wondering that myself, a little! I don't know if that page still exists or not, without me. Want to look? I guess we just need to overhaul my website and make it ultrafunctional!

    Erin- I actually read on your blog that you had, which made me think a lot more about it- you are such a good example!

    It's not that facebook is BAD, it's that it keeps ME fom being an even BETTER mother, wife, etc. than I am when I overuse it. I guess it isn't facebook's fault I have no self control, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Valerie! I have still been contemplating joining facebook. Hummm....Maybe I am not missing out on much...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! T'liese did this awhile back and I've been thinking about it too! Do I really need to know the tiny details of everybody's lives? Probably not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm proud of you too Val, but I will miss you. This is the only way I "see" a lot of people. Guess I will just have to order lots more vinyl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phew, I am glad you did not unfriend me!

    ReplyDelete