Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just a Few More To Go!

It is Dave appreciation days at our house. Dave has been in Iowa for the last week and a half with National Guard. IOWA? WhAt on EaRtH do they have in Iowa that they don't have in Utah??? The only answer I can come up with is corn fields, yet Dave pointed out to me today that they are currently NAKED corn fields! And so it remains a mystery... Anyway... It is always good for me to be reminded of just how lucky I am to be married to my sweetheart. He's such a good husband and Daddy. 2 weeks every here and there are good for me. They remind me of how "no-fun" Iraq was. They remind me that I CAN do it alone, but I just don't want to. They remind me of what a good team we are and help me not take my hubby for granted.

A week ago when we talked on the phone Dave was super excited. General Tarbet who is Utah's TAG had come to visit them there in Iowa and had given Dave his coin! Such an honor! Dave gave a presentation last night on social networking in the military that seemed to impress many. He enjoys the company of those in his unit. I'm so proud of him and the leader he has become!

I usuallly start asking Dave about 2 days in if he can come home now. We all like things better when he's here! But I learned a very long time ago that I can do anything for 2 weeks. I can even do anything for 18 MONTHS, if I have to. But I just don't want to and hope I never have to again!

Kid Quotes Of The Day For 3-30-10:
Kenzington found a card of Boston's earings and was begging Boston and I to put them in her ears. We tried to explain to her that she didn't have any holes in her ears and that even if we wanted to, we couldn't put them in. I told her that when she get's bigger we can get her ears pierced so that she can wear them. She waved her hand in front of her body, sort of Vanna White style and said in sort of a "duh" kind of way, "Mom! I totally big already!" Oh that girl!

Holden, as I was getting ready to put dinner in the oven last night, "Mom, are we REALLY having Bazanya again???" (Funniest part is that I was putting in a pizza, OBVIOUSLY not Lasagna OR Bazanya!)

No comments:

Post a Comment