Monday, March 14, 2011

Just thinking outloud!

Paxton will be 2 in just a few days. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? It seems like it was only yesterday that I held him in my arms for the first time, grateful that he was here and healthy and so happy that things didn't go another way. He's such a little tornado-turkey and we are lucky to have him in our family.

School is going well, but my heart isn't in it. I am just wanting to be done and spend my time being a momma and enjoying my kids. I'm anxious for the semester to end and to be done with it all for a while. I'm blessed to have had the experience of attending and grateful for the knowledge gained, but anxious to get back to focusing on what is MOST important- being a wife and mother. I'll have my associates when the semester is through and that is enough for me for now. I may take a class here or there online, we'll see.

We announced to the kids that we'll take a trip to Disneyland mid April. They are as excited as can be! Kenzington is fascinated with the idea!

It's been a rough couple of weeks with Kamden. Something seems to be "off" with him. We took him off Intuniv, a medication he has been on for ADD in an effort to fix things. He seems to be doing better. I wish I could find that boy's easy button- I would have pushed it a long time ago! I love being his mother and I'm grateful he is a member of our family. I love HIM- he brings so much to our family and I can't imagine life without him. I just wish he didn't have to struggle with things the way he does. He WANTS to be a good kid, but has a hard time making good choices. Part of me wants to go "camp" at Primary Children's Medical Center and get some things sorted out, but I don't know how practical that is. I'm grateful for a Father In Heaven that I can turn to when I'm wishing for an instruction manual on that boy!

Spring has sprung! Angie and Brian brought their families to visit Mom yesterday and it was nice to be able to be outside and enjoy nice weather. The kids flew kites and rode bikes and just enjoyed the outside. Paxton wants to spend every minute in the backyard! He's already had lots of tears this morning when I haven't wanted to take him out. This just might be the summer that he begins to practically live out there and we hose him off before bed each night! Better Paxton-proof the yard a bit so he can run wild out there!

Yesterday was the 6 year anniversary of my Daddy's death. I miss that man so much! I hope he can see my kiddos and what we are up to. I hope he gets a glimpse often of what he's raised me to be. I hope he see what we're up to and is PROUD of us. Miss you Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment