Monday, October 10, 2011

Never Ceases to Amaze Me!

There are lots of times, with my calling, when I wonder about all the stuff I don't manage to take care of. About all the stuff I don't know about and about all the ways I could have done more if only I had more time.

There are days when I think they got the wrong girl. There are LOTS of ladies in my ward that have more talents, more abilities, and more time available to serve others than I do. And then I remember that when hands were laid upon my head and I was set apart as the Relief Society President of my ward that promises were made. I was promised that if I did my best I would be made equal to what was required of me. If I do my best, that's enough!

It seems that often when preparing for a lesson or a talk that I find myself wishing I had more time to prepare. I've had the topic on my mind all week and have been seeking help and guidance from the Lord about the matter, but time to sit still and listen and study and prepare has not really been something I've found.

But I've found myself in this situation often enough that I have learned to trust the Lord and the Spirit to make up the difference. And they do. And I am grateful.

I Stand All Amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment